September brings the start of cooler weather at the lodge and with it brings lots of changes too! Our reorganization is going well. We managed to welcome a lot of new faces to the lodge and not just to the board of officers and committees. I want to personally thank all the members for stepping up during this reorganization. It is you we must thank for the continued success of the lodge. Going forward I am sure there will be some more hiccups to overcome. But the one thing I can say for sure, we are back open for business.
My list of members to thank is long please bear with me as I go through some. Thanks to my new board of officers and committees. I do also want to say this list is not all-inclusive because there are so many new members to thank. Just know we are so thankful for all your help!
Our New Board Officers
- Vice President: Bruce Chappell
- Treasure: Robert Vilardo
- Chaplin: Scott Flesch
- First Year Trustee: Roger Chang
- Second Year Trustee: Kurt Kohls
- Third Year Trustee: Andrew Jennison
- Our appointed Sargent at Arms: Alan McClelland
Our New Committee Chairs
- Activities: Steve Torregrossa
- Application Review: Sharon Chappell
- Financial Review: Looking for a chair
- Communications: Daniel Sullivan
- Heart of Community: Looking for a chair
- Government Relations: Chris Oskuie
- Loss Prevention: Looking for a chair
- Membership/Retention: John Dearing
- Moose Charities: Looking for a chair
- Moose Legion: Mark Los
- Ritual: Jeff Sargent
Now, I know many of you knew the former board of officers and our former administrator, while they are no longer with us, it was my pleasure to work with them. They worked tirelessly for years to move the lodge forward in the right. The one constant in life is change. I can only hope that those of you that continue to stay understand too and help the lodge in moving forward to a more harmonious fraternity and financial success.
In conclusion, we are still in need of some committees to be formed, but I see that happening soon. I am overwhelmed by the support of our new members. Please keep up the great work and stay tuned for new member activities being planned right now.